By Diana E. Henderson
- Draws at the most recent pondering in cultural reviews, communications, and comparative media, in discussion with literary, theatrical and filmic approaches.
- Organised round topics, akin to authorship and collaboration, theatricality, intercourse and violence, globalization and history.
- Offers readers a number of available routes into the topic of Shakespeare on screen.
- Also permits readers to discover primary subject matters within the examine of literature and tradition extra largely, resembling the relationships among elite and pop culture, artwork and undefined, textual content and image.
- Includes feedback for additional interpreting, a bibliography, a filmography, a chronology and a radical index.
Read or Download A Concise Companion to Shakespeare on Screen (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar shakespearean literature literature books
We normally suppose that the `meaning' of every of Shakespeares performs is bequeathed to it by way of the Bard. it's as though, to the knowledge which was given in theatrical programmes, `Cigarettes via Abdullah, Costumes by means of Motley, track via Mendelssohn', we should always upload `Meaning by way of Shakespeare'. those essays leisure on a distinct, nearly contrary, precept.
New tools are had to do justice to Shakespeare. His paintings exceeds traditional types, earlier or current, for realizing playworlds. during this publication, Simon Palfrey is going correct to the center of early smooth renowned drama, convalescing either the way it works and why it issues. not like his contemporaries, Shakespeare offers self sufficient lifestyles to all of his tools, and to each fraction and fragment of the performs.
Shakespeare’s presence in Joyce’s paintings is tentacular, extending all through his occupation on many alternative degrees: cultural, structural, lexical, and mental; but an incredibly very long time has handed because the final monograph in this literary nexus was once released. Joyce/Shakespeare brings jointly clean paintings through across the world famous Joyce students on those icons, reinvigorating our realizing of Joyce at play with the Bard.
Struggling with phrases . . . Lainie and Mariam have it out for every different, so it’s no shock after they ultimately come to violent blows in the midst of their excessive school’s drama room. That’s whilst Caddell Morris, an ex-professional actor and newly minted pupil instructor, steps in. by way of instructing the ladies the artwork of level wrestle, he hopes to assist them comprehend extra concerning the roots and prices of violence.
- Teaching Shakespeare with Purpose: A Student-Centred Approach (Arden Shakespeare)
- Love's Labour's Lost: Critical Essays (Shakespeare Criticism)
- Shakespeare and the Culture of Paradox (Studies in Performance and Early Modern Drama)
- On Directing Shakespeare: Volume 1 (Routledge Library Editions: Shakespeare in Performance)
- The Shakespeare Name Dictionary (Garland Reference Library of the Humanities)
- Shakespeare Exhumed: The Bassano Chronicles
Additional resources for A Concise Companion to Shakespeare on Screen (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Concise Companion to Shakespeare on Screen (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) by Diana E. Henderson