By Robert Tittler,Norman L. Jones
- An authoritative evaluate of scholarly debates approximately Tudor Britain
- Focuses by and large British Isles, exploring what used to be universal and what was once particular to its 4 constituent elements
- Emphasises sizeable cultural, social, highbrow, spiritual and financial themes
- Describes differing political and private studies of the time
- Discusses strange matters, comparable to the feel of the earlier among British constituent identities, the connection of cultural kinds to social and political matters, and the position of clinical inquiry
- Bibliographies element readers to extra resources of information
Read or Download A Companion to Tudor Britain (Blackwell Companions to British History) PDF
Similar uk history books
In 1888, Whitechapel - on the middle of the interior East finish - was once the main (in)famous position within the state, extensively imagined as a website of the blackest and private horror. Its streets and alleys have been noticeable as violent and hazardous, overflowing with poverty and depravity. This publication goals to discover the truth of East finish existence.
Utilizing a comparative and extensive viewpoint, faith, Politics and Society in Britain 800-1066 attracts on archaeology, paintings heritage, fabric tradition, texts from charms to chronicles, from royal law-codes to sermons to poems, and different proof to illustrate the centrality of Christianity and the Church in Britain 800-1066.
This can be the 1st examine of the interplay among battle and nationwide non secular perform in the course of the British Civil Wars. utilizing hundreds and hundreds of missed neighborhood files, this paintings explores the style during which civil clash, invasion and army profession affected non secular perform. As church buildings somewhere else in Britain and eire have been dismantled and the rustic used to be invaded by way of a international English military, mid-seventeenth-century Scotland presents a huge, but ignored, aspect of access in exploring the intersection among early glossy battle and spiritual perform.
This e-book is particularly geared toward addressing a niche within the learn of the evolution of company governance in Britain. particularly its key topic, the connection among company governance and private capitalism in British production within the first half the 20th century, presents the potential for a scientific and demanding exam of the dominant Chandlerian paradigm that the long-running patience of private capitalism formed the governance of British production agencies good into the 20th century and acted to erode their aggressive functionality.
- Women in Early Modern Britain, 1450-1640 (Social History in Perspective)
- The Transatlantic Marriage Bureau: Husband hunting in the Gilded Age: How American heiresses conquered the aristocracy
- The Social Politics of Medieval Diplomacy: Anglo-German Relations (1066-1307) (Studies In Medieval And Early Modern Civilization)
- The British Army and the First World War (Armies of the Great War)
- The Second World War Through Soldiers' Eyes: British Army Life 1939-1945
- Twisted Paths: Europe 1914-1945
Additional info for A Companion to Tudor Britain (Blackwell Companions to British History)
A Companion to Tudor Britain (Blackwell Companions to British History) by Robert Tittler,Norman L. Jones